Cardiology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Long Island NY
Title: Cardiology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Location: Long Island, NY 11763
Description: Hiring a Cardiology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for a cardiovascular healthcare practice dedicated to preventing, diagnosing and treating heart and vascular disorders is currently seeking to hire a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, Cardiology. The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, Cardiology will function as part of the cardiology medical staff team providing practice patients with safe, quality, appropriate care in accordance with mutually accepted medical protocols which reflect current standards of medical practice and fall within the scope of the practice.
- Obtain and perform age appropriate history and physical examination utilizing accepted methods of inspection auscultation, palpation and percussion with appropriate documentation.
- Reading of 12 lead EKG’s and rhythm strips
- Initiate appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, medications, consults, labs.
- Educate patient and family with emphasis on health promotion, maintenance, and prevention.
- Maintain appropriate medical documentation of health assessments, prescribed medications, treatments, suggestive consultations, as well as collaborative evaluations with practice physicians.
- Direct care in an emergency in accordance with acls protocols.
- Adhere to appropriate standards of nuclear radiation safety while functioning in the nuclear medicine department including wearing nuclear badges, and rings and attending to nuclear safety in-services.
- Conduct, perform and evaluate exercise stress testing as well as chemical and nuclear stress testing and documenting appropriately in the program.
- Establish and maintain intravenous access when required.
- Utilize the organization’s EMR program for all clinical practice – documentation and communication.
- Respond to messages in the triage bins.
- Current nurse practitioner New York state certification.
- Licensed registered nurse in the state of New York. ACLS/BLS certified.
- Critical care/cardiology experience (RN/NP) required.
- Demonstrate diagnostic reasoning ability in accordance with accepted medical standards in formulating assessments and plan of care.
- Ability to work efficiently within the confines of patient acuity and work volume.