Cardiac Cath and Interventional Coder
New York NY
Title: Cardiac Cath and Interventional Coder
Location: Manhattan, NY 10001
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Cardiac Cath and Interventional Coder for a top Academic Medical Center in Manhattan. The Cardiac Cath and Interventional Coder will be responsible for coding for Cardiac Catheterization and EPS services to improve quality of coding, documentation and to ensure accurate and complete capture of revenue.
- Determine coding levels by obtaining and reviewing clinical documentation.
- Compare and review charge tickets to clinical documentation to ensure that charges for procedures and supplies have been accurately captured.
- Ensure that documentation supports charges to prevent denials/underpayments
- Follow-up on missing charge tickets and clinical documentation as appropriate
- Identify documentation and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Review and distribute coding related information to clinical staff, including CPT and ICD-9 code changes, medical necessity policies, coding /billing information
- Responsible for resolving coding errors & denials identified by Hospital billing system
- Consults with frontline clinical staff to identify reimbursable indications for therapy.
- Continuous review of revenue cycle with Dir Billing Integrity and Dir Health Info Systems
- Participate in education programs to maintain up to date coding skills.
- Certification as RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P preferred
- At least 7 years of coding experience preferred.
- Experience in cardiac catheterization, EP and interventional cardiology coding
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding principles and medical terminology
- Knowledge of facility based billing/reimbursement methodologies including APCs
- Cardiac Cath and Interventional Coder