Associate Director of Operations
Westchester County, NY
Title: Associate Director of Operations
Location: Westchester, NY
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Description: Hiring an Associate Director of Operations for a Billing Office associated with a top academic hospital in the New York Metro Area. The Associate Director of Operations provides operational and strategic direction to all aspects of the billing office operations. The Associate Director of Operations leads the billing office through new process and technology development and implementation. The Associate Director of Operations is an integral part of the revenue cycle senior leadership team, working collaboratively to produce the best financial outcomes.
- Direct the billing and collection operation and manage the accounts receivable for billing
- Develop, review, recommend and oversee business plan development for integration of new business units
- Recommend and implement new technologies
- Develop and oversee revenue integrity processes to ensure complete charge capture
- Direct the development, implementation of and adherence to policies, procedures and strategies for billing and collection functions
- Develop, implement and maintain process improvement plans
- Collaborate with leadership regarding billing, denial management, staffing, coding and fee issues
- Conduct and present appropriate statistical analyses and custom reports
- Establish integrated plans of operation compatible with hospital objectives for maximizing income.
- Develop and review financial management reporting and identify critical key indicators
- Develop plans of action for performance improvement
- Review regulatory changes and prepare analysis and implementation strategies
- Establish benchmarks and measurements to evaluate performance.
- Develop best practice workflows, maximizing technology, to enhance efficiencies
- Maximize the growth and revenue of practices in a changing reimbursement environment
- Maintain revenue integrity while ensuring regulatory compliance
- Ensure associate morale and performance during a time of significant change
- BA/BS (Master's Preferred)
- Strong working knowledge and prior experience in practice management or academic environment.
- Extensive experience in revenue cycle, billing, insurance collections, patient collections, coding, denial management, contracting and contract management, regulatory issues, Medicare and Medicaid