Associate Administrative Nurse Manager
New York NY
Title: Associate Administrative Nurse Manager
Location: New York City
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Hiring an Associate Administrative Nurse Manager for a top academic medical center. The Associate Administrative Nurse Manager will participate in performance improvements and research activities, maintains professional practice standards and clinical expertise; and demonstrates leadership skills. The Associate Administrative Nurse Manager demonstrates core and unit specific competencies based on the patient population served.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of a specialized nursing unit in collaboration with the Administrative Nurse Manager.
- Directs and coordinates patient and unit activities in an environment that supports excellence, ensuring the continual delivery of quality patient care, in compliance with MMC policies and standards.
- Assists the interdisciplinary team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care of select group of patients.
- Participates in educational activities related to the clinical specialty along with clinical research studies.
- Occasionally participates in direct patient care.
- Identification of actual and potential high-risk situations and quality issues with appropriate intervention as needed, including resolution and referral.
- Assessment of patient and family needs.
- New York State Registered Professional Nurse License and current registration.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or related field required.
- Master of Science degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Certification in Specialty Area desired.
- Clinical background in Medical/Surgical Oncology preferred
- Ability to use basic data entry and retrieval system.
- Effective English communication skills: written, oral and interpersonal.