Assistant Director of Outpatient Revenue Cycle Operations
Title: Assistant Director of Outpatient Revenue Cycle Operations
Location: Manhattan, NY 10001
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring an Assistant Director of Outpatient Revenue Cycle Operations for a top academic medical center. The Assistant Director of Outpatient Revenue Cycle Operations is responsible for assisting in the overall planning, organization, and direction of the Revenue Cycle Operations Department. The Assistant Director of Outpatient Revenue Cycle Operations responsibilities include personnel management, billing and collections management, policies and procedures development, ensuring optimal customer relations and maximizing A/R collections.
- Accountable for the management of the Revenue Cycle Operations department, customer service, managed care and self-pay A/R, vendor management
- Ensures that department and vendors maximize reimbursement to efficiently lower A/R
- Perform "data mining" and in-depth accounts receivable analysis.
- Develop and implements key performance measures for continuous improvement.
- Collect/analyze payer data to determine denial and underpayment trends for further review
- Evaluate and escalate eligibility, authorization, billing, and claims processing inaccuracies
- Ensure optimal customer relations
- Develop and maintain productivity standards for areas of direct responsibility
- Develops and update policies and procedures for Revenue Cycle Operations.
- Interview prospective employees and make recommendations as to their abilities and the needs of the department
- Counsel employees when performance does not meet standard
- Produce training tools to address performance deficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare related field, Accounting/Finance or a related field.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 4 years of related healthcare experience in implementing and maintaining audit/reimbursement programs, and developing new programs that increase net facility revenues is required
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Previous experience in hospital finance
- Understanding of reimbursement systems, and process improvement methodologies
- Skilled in data extraction, manipulation and analysis is preferred
- Microsoft Products proficiency is a plus.