Assistant Director of Facilities
Title: Assistant Director of Facilities
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Our client, a premier community teaching hospital located in metro New York City, is seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Facilities. The Assistant Director of Facilities is responsible for the daily operations of the Facilities Management and Plant Operations Departments.
- Establish and administer an effective maintenance program.
- Analyze costs and work schedules, setting priorities, expediting operations and repairs.
- Inspect building and utility systems to determine need of alterations and repairs.
- Participate in writing of management plan and associated Policies and Procedures.
- Assist department head with coordination of all engineering operations and projects.
- Plan work schedules and determine staff requirements.
- Prepare annual operating budget and under direction of Director, allocate and monitor expenses and prepare monthly variance reports.
- Advise department head of progress, completion and costs of engineering projects and repairs while maintaining records regarding such costs.
- Monitor engineering's storeroom operations, review and approve all purchase and blanket order requisitions for materials, tools, supplies, equipment, machinery, etc.
- Track and monitor monthly utility costs and usage for electricity, steam, natural gas and water serving the main campus and generate reports.
- Administer computerized work order and PM system.
- Make recommendations on major repair and construction projects.
- Comply with regulations from agencies including state, federal, and the Joint Commission.
- Develop and monitor employee work schedules and determine staffing needs.
- Maintain effective communications and working relationships with hospital personnel.
- Develop, implement, and oversee the preventive maintenance program to ensure uninterrupted operation of the entire physical plant.
- Monitor engineering storeroom.
- Interview, hire, and perform periodic performance reviews.
- Develop management plans and policies/ procedures for facilities service line when needed.
- Inspect facility periodically to determine the need for repairs.
- Track and monitor monthly utility costs and the facility's utility usage.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, preferably mechanical, or electrical, or architecture
- Advance degree in an engineering discipline or architecture desired
- At least 10 years progressive experience in management of maintenance, facilities management, construction operations, maintenance of equipment, utilities, and buildings
- Healthcare/ Hospital/ Nursing Home facilities management experience
- Ability to earn FDNY issued COF for S95, S12, S13 within six months of employment.
- F58 Fire Safety Director Certificate of Fitness
- Universal Technician Certification and Refrigeration License and Stationary Engineer?s License
- Master or Special Electrician?s License desired