Assistant Director for Population and Community Health (NP)
New York NY
Title: Assistant Director for Population and Community Health (NP)
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring an Assistant Director for Population and Community Health (NP) for a network of Family Health Centers with locations throughout New York City. The Assistant Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of Center-wide continuum of care population health initiatives and integration of these initiatives.
- Carry a patient caseload consistent with quality of care and productivity standards
- Participate in after hours’ telephone triage coverage on rotating basis.
- Practice transformation including practice observations, best practice recommendation and development and implementation of initiatives to improve clinical and operational performance
- Assist the Medical Director in supervising the direct delivery of clinical services of physicians, mid-level practitioners and other staff engaged in population health management and activities
- Supervision and direction of Population Health Manager, Chronic Care Nurse Manager, and population health staff
- Assist in the development of funding proposals to enhance existing programs
- Train, orient, assign, motivate and evaluate staff.
- Ensure adequate scheduling and coordination, including the on-call coverage for all clinicians
- Lead and partner with internal and external team members and stakeholders to proactively manage the populations in alignment with strategic goals
- Assist in developing, reviewing, and maintaining timely clinical protocols that support the provision of clinical services through efficient and effective patient care procedures
- Coordinate with other clinical departments, including laboratory and radiology, and assure appropriate integration of clinical services with applicable sub-specialties as needed.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Communicate with other health care providers on all aspects of health needs of patients.
- Participate in the teaching and supervision of paramedical personnel.
- Assist to establish and coordinate services with other local medical facilities
- Work collaboratively with the RN Unit Managers to assist in achieving efficient patient flow
- Master’s in Public Health, Public Administration or similar degree program
- Minimum of three years of clinical skills in an ambulatory care setting
- Experience or aptitude for developing/implementing clinical policies and procedures.
- Prior administrative experience in a clinical or non-clinical setting
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish or other language (preferred)