Assistant Chief MRI Technologist
New York NY
Title: Assistant Chief MRI Technologist
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Hiring an Assistant Chief MRI Technologist for a renowned academic medical center and integrated healthcare delivery system. The Assistant Chief MRI Technologist will be responsible for the daily operations of MRI services, including coordination of assigned staff and allocation of resources.
- Ensure competency of technical staff to insure the quality of MR imaging meet prescribed standards/protocols.
- Maintain a system of traffic control.
- Assure adequate staffing of all shifts (techs, PAS, RNS, techs aids, nursing attendants) providing service on a 24-hour basis.
- Train technical staff in all related systems PACS, EPIC
- Ensure that all inpatients are adequately screened and prepped
- Monitor and document reasons for outpatient cancellations and delays
- Ensure safety of patients and staff, compliance with regulatory agencies; protection of hospital property; maintain high standards of quality.
- Perform written evaluation of technical staff on an annual basis.
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s preferred
- LRT, RT, and MR certified
- 5 years of prior work experience
- 3 years of management experience preferred
- MRI proficient, ability to tech and train the staff