New York NY
Title: Assistant Administrator
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Administrative/Operations
Description: Hiring an Assistant Administrator academic medical center. The Assistant Administrator will be responsible for all aspects of the Department's operations, including financial management, clinical operations, clinical research and work in conjunction with research administration, establishing the vision, strategic direction, and quality across the continuum care. The Assistant Administrator will collaborate with leadership and colleagues for the development of clinical management (both inpatient and ambulatory), and program quality and safety initiatives. The Assistant Administrator will implement planning, operating and accountability systems that ensure the continuing growth and success of the department.
- Develop and implement financial management systems, enabling the department to meet its objectives within budgetary constraints.
- Monitor all expenses on a variety of special funds, departmental funds and budgetary funds utilizing the SAP system.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and keeps senior leadership team abreast of the organization's financial status. Ensure departmental budgetary goals are met.
- Track AECOM salary inter-charges.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner. Work in conjunction with Chair and Vice Chairs to develop packages for senior recruits, including financial pro forma and impact to department budget, develop multi-year tracking; manage and oversee financial reporting and spending for gift and endowment accounts.
- Billing for contracts.
- Oversee a robust contracts management and financial management / reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements. Develop analysis and business plans/pro formas in support of new external initiatives.
- Preparation of practice and teaching budgets. Create reports to assist Chair and Administrator to ensure financial targets are met.
- Assist in the development of new sources of revenue and their management.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Healthcare related field required, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree. Experience in grants management preferred
- At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience
- 6+ years of broad financial and operations management experience preferred
- Experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors.