Administrative Director of Oncology Services
Long Island NY
Title: Administrative Director of Oncology Services
Location: Long Island, NY
Occupational Category: Administrative/Operations
Description: Hiring an Administrative Director of Oncology Services for an award-winning and community-focused hospital. The Administrative Director, Oncology Services creates and maintains annual budgets, oversees staff, and manages the planning and coordination of projects to support the strategic plan.
- Management of Cancer Institute and development of programs. Coordinate efforts to maintain the ACOS Commission on Cancer, Joint commission, DOH and other regulatory certifications.
- Manage the financial operations of the Cancer Institute and Oncology Practices including; budget preparation and maintenance, capital needs, allocation of staff and strategic financial planning.
- Direct the administrative staff in the Oncology office practice.
- Oversee clinical managers and operations of the cancer center.
- Coordinate administrative functions related to Oncology educational and patient activities.
- Plan and coordinate activities of the Cancer Committee to meet all ACOS CoC Standards and interacts with key members to provide data and information at each meeting.
- Oversee revenue cycle functions, including insurance authorization and proper billing techniques.
- Interact with physicians, patients, other Oncology organizations and the Research department to develop and maintain opportunities to participate in research studies for our patients.
- Oversee tumor registry activities for timely reporting and identify Survivorship opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison with community physicians and other Oncology related organizations to promote, share and utilize the resources of the Cancer Institute.
- Coordinate initiatives with VP, Oncology Service and IT, Finance, Revenue cycle, HR, Supply Chain
- Interface with management to collect and report financial, statistical and operational data for performance review and analysis.
- Work as liaison between relevant stakeholders to support service line initiatives.
- Assist leadership in providing assessments for market share and opportunities for program enhancement as well as new program development.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Care Management or Business Administration. Advanced degree (MA, MBA, etc.), preferred.
- 5-7 years of progressive work experience with a minimum 3 years healthcare management experience. Experience in a cancer center or oncology office preferred.
- Interdisciplinary teamwork experience
- Management experience required.
- ACOS CoC accreditation experience, preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Ability to use critical thinking and apply sound judgment and assessment for decision making.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)