Accounts Receivable Representative
New York Metro Area, NY
Title: Accounts Receivable Representative
Location: New York Metro Area
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring an Accounts Receivable Representative for a national medical practice with close to 50 locations and growing across the country. Our client offers their employees competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and opportunity for growth and advancement.
- Maintain insurance account receivable management for multiple offices, specialties and payers
- Follow up with insurance companies on unpaid or denied claims.
- Resolve claim errors and re-submit claims as appropriate for reimbursement.
- Prepare appeal letters to insurance carrier when not in agreement with claim denial.
- Identify and report payer issues to Unit Leads and Managers with regard to denial trends or change in payments.
- Recommend account adjustments as appropriate
- Maintain appropriate documentation and notes of all collection activity.
- Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of experience with denial management across multiple insurance carriers and specialties
- Must have a strong knowledge of payers and medical insurance terminology for billing, local coverage determinations policies, A/R follow-up and managed care regulations
- Must be a self-starter with problem-solving skills
- Must be able to meet high productivity and accuracy standards.
- Must pay exceptional attention to detail
- Must work well in a team
- Must have superior customer service and communication skills
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, insurance web portals and keyboarding with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required.