Nurse Manager of Reproductive Health
Title: Nurse Manager of Reproductive Health
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Hiring a Nurse Manager of Reproductive Health for top academic hospital. The Nurse Manager of Reproductive Health will supervise the clinical functions and patient care within the department and work collaboratively with multidisciplinary health care teams to optimize team performance and standards of care. The Nurse Manager of Reproductive Health will ensure compliance with clinical and nursing policies and procedures.
- Develops, updates, implements and evaluates a comprehensive plan of care based on the individual patient needs.
- Evaluates status of patients in emergency situations to determine and obtain appropriate care, administers various medications, shots, and lab tests.
- Develops short- and long-term development and operational goals. Monitors outcomes and revises plans
- Implements and evaluates optimization strategies to ensure adequate staffing for scheduled patients and same-day or emergent cases.
- Collaborates with the Quality and Patient Safety (QPS) Physician Leader in managing all clinical quality and safety issues and initiatives.
- Ensures practice compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Develops and provides in-service training to nursing staff on new nursing techniques, protocols, procedures, or new equipment.
- Reviews and implements necessary nursing competencies.
- Ensures that nursing staff’s licensure and certifications are maintained and current as required by regulatory agencies.
- Monitors infection control measures within the practice.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and reagents.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to billing and compliance and audit processes.
- Provides in-office, patient care services. Obtain patient histories, vital signs, venipuncture, specimen collection, administering vaccines and medications and educating patients.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Current NY State Registered Nurse License & Registration
- Infection Control Certificate
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Experience in Reproductive Health preferred