Title: Nurse Manager
Location: Manhattan, NY 10001
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Hiring a Nurse Manager for a premier provider of healthcare services for the underserved population. The Nurse Manager will work as a care manager in the disease management model addressing condition-specific patient education needs and all best practice supported clinical diagnostic interventions. The Nurse Manager will provide clinical supervision for new disease/care management initiatives across the organization.
- Provide clinical supervision for new disease / care management initiatives
- Actively participates in the expansion of the telemedicine and virtual visit access model
- Work as a care manager in the disease management model addressing condition-specific patient education needs and all best practice supported clinical diagnostic interventions
- Provide clinical education and supervision for medical assistant staff
- Work collaboratively with case management and health education to effectively coordinate care as directed by the primary care medical staff
- Implement orders for specific interventions as indicated by the medical staff
- Reach out and engage homeless people with respect to their health status, substance abuse and social service problems;
- Assess the physical and psychosocial needs of the patient;
- Take a complete history of individual and family members;
- Make referrals to primary care provider for chronic or episodic care;
- Administer immunizations, tuberculosis tests, monitor medication;
- Advise and educate clients about their physical and mental health, self-care, prevention strategies, and use of medical resources;
- Work in nontraditional environments, e.g., non-clinic settings.
- New York State Registered Nurse License.
- Commitment to vulnerable and disadvantaged populations.
- Experience with homeless patients or other vulnerable populations with healthcare and management expertise in a multi-service, community-based FQHC.
- Flexible and able to work in nontraditional setting.