Neurosurgery Physician Assistant
Title: Neurosurgery Physician Assistant
Location: Queens, NY 11385
Occupational Category: Physician Assistant
Description: Hiring a Neurosurgery Physician Assistant for a major teaching hospital. The Neurosurgery Physician Assistant, under the general supervision of a licensed physician, will evaluate and treat patients. The Neurosurgery Physician Assistant will perform routine histories and physical examinations; perform and interpret diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Delivers direct patient care
- Participates in teaching and quality assurance activities
- Performs complete patient histories and physical examinations; orders laboratory tests and x-rays; performs and/or interprets laboratory and test results, and initiates treatment.
- Perform routine or emergency procedures including but not limited to casts, splints, irrigation and suturing of wounds or incisions, drainage of abscesses, insertion of intravenous lines, sampling of arterial blood, etc.
- Writes appropriately authorized prescriptions; may prescribe controlled substances under appropriate physician countersignature.
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff, etc., to ensure delivery of optimum quality of patient care.
- Performs other duties pursuant to clinical responsibility, such as arranging follow-up for patients, obtaining informed consent from patient, recalling patients for further evaluation and treatment, escorting patients,
- Completes and documents participation in continuing medical education
- May act as first assistant in operating area
- May perform preoperative and post-operative evaluation and render related medical care
- Provide guidance to staff Physician Assistants; performs administrative projects: scheduling employees, employee orientation, quality assurance/CQI.
- Physician Assistant Certification
- New York State License
- ACLS and BLS Certification required
- 0-5 years’ experience; 1-year experience in neurosurgery preferred