Director of Finance
New York NY
Title: Director of Finance
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Director of Finance for a top academic medical center. The Director of Finance will provide ongoing finance leadership, oversight of financial operations, and support the ongoing integration of the department into a unified health system that utilizes best practices and scale efficiencies. The Director of Finance will oversee the department’s consolidated annual operating budget consisting of multiple sites of service across clinical, research and teaching missions.
- Responsible for overall financial operations of the department including business services, accounting, operational and capital financial planning, budgeting, financial reporting and auditing functions.
- Provide finance leadership to department’s management team; helps implement short term and long term financial strategies and visions.
- Lead the annual budgeting process; partners with department and divisional leadership to set appropriate financial goals.
- Perform monthly and quarterly budget variance analysis and forecasts to ensure financial obligations are met; provide explanations for material variances; escalate issues to leadership; partner with stakeholders to develop and execute a correction plan.
- Lead the development and maintenance of comprehensive financial and operational reporting including, but not limited to performance summaries, revenue and expense forecasts and P& L statements.
- Develop, review, and oversee recruitment and expansion business plans
- Provide financial leadership to divisional managers in fiscal oversight best practices including but not limited to: budgeting, planning, and maintaining internal controls.
- Facilitate departmental cost savings by implementing financial best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration required
- MBA, MPA or Master’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in healthcare and revenue cycle experience preferred