Director of Finance
New York NY
Title: Director of Finance
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Director of Finance for a leader in improving the quality of care for Medicaid patients and the uninsured. Joining the Leadership Team, the Director of Finance will oversee the daily finance department functions, including supervising one support staff member. The Director of Finance position will assist healthcare partners meet the goals of DSRIP and the transition of their practices from fee for service to value-based payer systems.
- Create an ongoing communications and education platform for internal and external stakeholders which defines the vocabulary of the value-based payment models.
- Monitor the financial rewards to partners based upon their success in meeting DSRIP metrics and report both positive progress and problematic performance
- Creates financial rewards programs for partners consistent with DSRIP goals and able to modify current and future models based upon changing goals and opportunities aligned with the move to value-based pay. Programs include target dates for accomplishment outcomes, reporting requirements, deadlines, data report formatting and structuring.
- Establishes and oversees appropriate financial monitoring systems and keeps the Executive Director informed of the functioning and outcomes
- Reviews the accuracy and productivity of day to day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing, billing, payroll, and fixed asset records.
- Ensures that financial information is presented accurately and concisely to various committees, internal and external parties with a need to access such financial information.
- Oversees all automated and non-automated financial systems for accuracy and efficiency
- Performs regular audits of financial systems and processes and procedures
- Creates financial models for Executive Director review
- Design, prepare, distribute and present ad hoc reports related to financial functions
- Lead compliance executive for financial matters with all Federal, State laws and regulations.
- CPA and MBA
- Minimum of two years controller experience in a financial leadership role in healthcare
- Strong accounting experience/knowledge strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience of finance staff
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple levels of staff within an organization and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of the DSRIP processes and Value Based Pay models and initiatives.