Assistant Director of Finance
Title: Assistant Director of Finance
Location: Manhattan, NY
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring an Assistant Director of Finance for a top academic medical center. The Assistant Director of Finance will assist with directing all financial reporting and budgeting of the center, to provide senior leadership with accurate financial and operational information to manage strategic objectives and support their decision making. The Assistant Director of Finance will ensure revenue and Accounts Receivable are accurately stated in financial reports and collaborate with management in revenue cycle operations.
- Oversees all processes and procedures relating to financial reporting operations including but not limited to budgetary analyses, month end/year end close, financial data/volume data analysis & financial forecasting.
- Oversees the preparations of detailed information for managers, administration, and senior leadership on a weekly, biweekly, and monthly basis through various reporting mechanisms.
- Oversees the analysis and interpretation of monthly financial results, identifying trends
- Oversees financial modeling and analysis in support of the center’s initiatives. Provides recommendations to the committee on medication pricing strategy as necessary.
- Oversees the preparation of business plans and analysis related to physician recruitment and departures, as well as new locations and expansion of services.
- Oversees financial modeling for changes managed care reimbursement rates and contract changes with payors, working closely with the department of managed care.
- Oversees preparation of budget analyses including financial key performance indicators and performance measurements utilizing volume statistics and decision support tools.
- Oversees the management and preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and all reporting surrounding such budget.
- Provide director level oversight of the Supply Chain department, including purchasing, receiving, storeroom inventory management, linen management, instrument sterilization, mailroom, regulated waste management, and transport/runner operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years financial experience in accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Professional finance staff supervision experience.
- Knowledge of recording/reporting of Revenue Cycle activities.